EMAIL SETUP: Microsoft Outlook 2007
Posted by on 06 September 2017 04:12 PM
In order to send and receive email using Microsoft Outlook 2007, you need to setup your account as described below –
1. Start Microsoft Outlook 2007. Click the Tools menu and select Account Settings…
2. On the E-mail tab, click New…
3. Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
4. On the prompt to Choose E-mail Service, select Internet E-mail to connect to your POP, IMAP, or HTTP server to send and receive e-mail messages. Click Next.
5. In the Internet E-mail Settings dialog, verify your User Information and enter the following additional details:
6. Click OK and then Next
Usually, the port used for the Outgoing Mail Server/SMTP Service is 25. However, there might be a situation where your ISP might be blocking the use of port 25 for SMTP service. Many ISPs block port 25 in order to minimize the amount of spam sent using their network.
To circumvent this, you can use an alternate port 26 for sending mails if port 25 is blocked. Here’s how:
a) In the Tools menu select Options -> Mail Setup and click Email Accounts