EMAIL SETUP: Microsoft Outlook 2013
Posted by on 07 September 2017 09:59 AM
In order to send and receive email using Microsoft Outlook 2013, you need to setup your account as described below –
1. Click on the File tab then click on the Add Account.
2. On the Auto Account Setup menu, select the option for Manual setup or additional server types, then click Next.
3. On the Choose Service menu, click the POP or IMAP option then click the Next button.
You will then see the POP and IMAP Account Settings menu, fill in the fields.
4. Type in Your Name/E-mail Address, Incoming/Outgoing mail servers, User Name/Password & then click More Settings.
5. Click the More Settings button.
6. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication“.
Check “Use same settings as my incoming mail server“.
7. Click the Advanced tab.Enter your settings, below is a description of the available options.
8. Click the OK button.
9. Click the Next button, Outlook will test the the account settings.
Note: You will see two tasks: Log onto incoming mail server, and, Send test e-mail message. When they are complete, Close button.
You will see a message stating “You’re all set!” click the Finish button.