|It is highly recommended that you make a backup of your database before continuing.
These steps explain how to access phpMyAdmin.
- From your account cpanel, go to the databases group of icons, and click on phpMyAdmin
- When prompted login with your cpanel username and password.
- From the list of databases, select the database for your WordPress site.
Enter a New Password
These steps explain how to change the password in the database.
- In the table list, click on the users table
Note: In our example the table prefix is "wp_" the prefix varies from site to site so don't worry if yours is different.
- Click edit next to the user you want to set the password for.
- Enter the new password into the password box
- In the function box next to the password choose MD5
- Click Go
The password has been reset. You can now login to WordPress with your new password.