HOW TO: Generate/Download a Full Backup in Plesk
Posted by on 09 January 2018 01:55 PM
How to Generate a Full Backup in Plesk
In order to generate a full backup in Plesk please do the following:
1. Log into Plesk
2. Click on Backup & Restore
3. Then, click Back Up. The Back Up the Server page will be opened.
4. Choose your options in the Backup Settings.
i- What data to back up. You can back up only the server settings, or server settings and all user data. Refer to the Backing Up and Restoration section for details on what is included in the backup files.
ii- Location where to store the backup file. Select the repository where you want to store the backup file.
iii- Type of backup
iv- Comments about this backup.
v- Exclude logs files.
vi- Exclude certain files from the backup.
5. Click OK. The backup process starts. When backing up is finished, the backup file will be saved to the storage you selected.
6. At this point, you may wait for the generate backup. Then, you may click the green arrow that is to the far right of the desired backup to download.