Self Help VPS (Automation) Reinstallation
Posted by Uvaraj N. on 10 December 2018 11:32 AM
When you ordered your VPS, you selected an operating system (OS) image for initial setup on the server. You can easily change the installed OS image at any time by using VPS Automation Client Portal. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Access to VPS Automation Client Area (Guide to VPS Automation Client Area)
2. Information of your VPS will be displayed. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Within Additional Tools section, click Rebuild.
3. Selection of Operation System (OS) will be displayed. Number of OS will be depend on your subscribed package plan.
- Select OS
- Click on Rebuild
Rebuild/Reinstall is destructive action. Should you require your old files, do proceed to backup first before commit with reinstallation.
Once commit, there's no way to recover your old files.
4. Rebuild status will be displayed along with rebuild number of usage. For KVM VPS, it will show new root password as well.
5. You may verify your VPS status by return back to main page or simply ping your VPS ip address.
6. At this point, your VPS reinstallation has completed and you may access your VPS as usual way.