HOW TO: Create Child Nameserver (NS) in WHM
Posted by Shakir M. on 19 August 2019 06:39 PM
Create your own DNS server on your own domain, as known as Child NameServer:
If you are VPS or Dedicated Server customer with the cPanel WHM access you can have your own Child NameServer. Once you get the child NS setup you will be able to manage your domain DNS within your control panel.
1. A valid domain name such us “mydomain.com” or .net or any domain extensions.
2. Add Child Name Server on your domain registrar side. An example of Child NS will be as below:
ns1.mydomain.com 126.96.36.199 (The IP address will be replaced by your own server IP address)
ns2.mydomain.com 188.8.131.52 (The IP address will be replaced by your own server IP address)
Note: If you registered your domain with Shinjiru. Please request from our support team to add a Child NS for you on the domain registrar side. By submitting a ticket on https://247livesupport.biz or emailing out support team at email@example.com.
3. Configure the settings to your cPanel WHM as per the guide below:
A) Login to your WHM with the URL: https://yourserverIPaddress:2087 .
B) Go to (WHM >> Home>> Server Configuration >> Basic WebHost Manager® Setup) as per the screenshot below:
C) Scroll down till the bottom of the page. Look for NameServer, as per the screenshots:
Add your NS then Click on the Save Changes:
D) Configure the Address Records for the nameserver on WHM as per the screenshot:
Add your server IP address and click on "Configure Address Records".
E) Repeat step (D) to configure the address records to ns2.mydomain.com.
4. Do update DNS Zone by adding ns1 and ns2 A record pointing. WHM -->> DNS Manager / Edit DNS Zones
5. Change Nameserver Selection to BIND (WHM >> Service Configuration >> Nameserver Selection >> Bind)
If you face any difficulties on the setup, please feel free to contact our support team by submitting a ticket on https://247livesupport.biz or emailing out support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.