HOW TO: Create Child Nameserver (NS) or Child DNS on WHM cPanel ! using your own Domain.
Posted by Shakir M. on 19 August 2019 06:39 PM
Create your own DNS server on your own domain, as known as Child NameServer:
If you are VPS or Dedicated Server customer with the cPanel WHM access you can have your own Child NameServer. Once you get the child NS setup you will be able to manage your domain DNS within your control panel.
1. A valid domain name such us “mydomain.com” or .net or any domain extensions.
2. Request Shinjiru to open port 53 DNS on your server IP address in server & network firewall. By submitting a ticket on https://247livesupport.biz or emailing out support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Add Child Name Server on your domain registrar side. An example of Child NS will be as below:
ns1.mydomain.com 188.8.131.52 (The IP address will be replaced by your own server IP address)
ns2.mydomain.com 184.108.40.206 (The IP address will be replaced by your own server IP address)
Note: If you registered your domain with Shinjiru. Please request from our support team to add a Child NS for you on the domain registrar side. By submitting a ticket on https://247livesupport.biz or emailing out support team at email@example.com.
4. Configure the settings to your cPanel WHM as per the guide below:
A) Login to your WHM with the URL: https://yourserverIPaddress:2087 .
B) Go to (WHM >> Home>> Server Configuration >> Basic WebHost Manager® Setup) as per the screenshot below:
C) Scroll down till the bottom of the page. Look for NameServer, as per the screenshots:
Add your NS then Click on the Save Changes:
D) Configure the Address Records for the nameserver on cPanel as per the screenshot:
Add your server IP address and click on "Configure Address Records".
E) Repeat step (D) to configure the address records to ns2.mydomain.com.
5. Change Nameserver to BIND (WHM >> Server Configuration >> Nameserver Selection >> Bind)
6. Make sure named service (BIND) is running in the server. Named service will running with port 53.
If you face any difficulties on the setup, please feel free to contact our support team by submitting a ticket on https://247livesupport.biz or emailing out support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.