HOW TO: View Website Before Migrating Over
Posted by Shakir M. on 31 October 2019 11:39 AM
This guide line will guide you through how to test/view your website before migrating without the need of DNS pointing of your domain. Using free only tools https://hosts.cx/ .This online tool is designed towards web developers and administrators who perform website migration between hosts. It allows to access the site at the new location without any system or DNS modifications, so you and your clients can easily test it before repointing the domain.
What is the requirements in order to use this tools?
All you need the server IP address “Your host IP address “and your domain name that you are using for your website in order to use this tool.
How to view the website?
1. Browse the tools https://hosts.cx/ .
2. Key in your Server Address “IP Address “and Website Name “Domain Name “.
3. Click on “I’m not a reboot “then Click “Get MY Testing URL “. As per Figure 1:
4. You will get a temporary URL for your website you can use it to test your website and share it with your team and clients.
As per Figure 2:
5. Copy and Paste the given URL example http://qy7xk.hosts.cx/ in your favorite browse such us Chrome, Firefox
and test your website.
Once you are done with testing, you can proceed to change DNS pointing to the new host server.