1. Client is required to provide existing password to reset new password.
2. Client can click on Generate Password button to auto-generate new password.
1. Some common methods used to create passwords are easy to guess by attackers. Attackers can crack it within few minutes.
2. To avoid weak, easy-to-guess passwords:
• Avoid sequences or repeated characters. "123456," "11111," "abcd," or adjacent letters on your keyboard do not help make secure passwords.
• Avoid dictionary words in any language. Criminals use sophisticated tools that can rapidly guess passwords that are based on words in multiple dictionaries, including words spelled backwards, common misspellings, and substitutions.
Guidelines for Strong Passwords
• Include numbers, symbols, upper and lowercase letters in passwords.
• Password length should be around 12 to 15 characters.
• Avoid any password based on repetition, dictionary words, letter or number sequences, usernames, relative or pet names, or biographical information (eg, dates, ID numbers, ancestors names or dates).
• If the system is case sensitive use capital and lower-case letters.
• Password should be easy to remember for the user.
• Reset password every 3 months.