HOW TO: Block Countries in WHM
Posted by Asilah A. on 27 August 2021 03:29 PM
There can be many reasons for which you might want to block access from specific countries. We will not get into such details. We will present two methods that you can use.
Method #1 - With cPHulk
cPHulk is the cPanel solution to brute force attacks. To block countries in cPHulk:
1. Log into the WHM installation
2. Navigate to Security Center -> cPHulk Brute Force Protection
3. Here, go to the Countries Management tab.
4. Select which countries you want to block, click the gear icon on the right of the list, and select the Blacklist Selected Countries option.
Now, users from the selected countries will not be able to log into mail, FTP, cPanel.
Method #2 - With CSF
To block countries in csf:
1. Connect to your WHM installation
2. Go to Plugins -> ConfigServer Security & Firewall
3. Access the Firewall Configuration and look for the Country Code Lists and Settings section
4. The specific csf option for country code block is
Enter in the CC_DENY field the code of the countries you want to block. For example, to block Germany (DE) and Albany (AL), use:
If you face any difficulties on the setup, please feel free to contact our support team by submitting a ticket on https://247livesupport.biz or emailing out support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.