cPanel : How to Set Two Factor Authentication
Posted by Nursaifullah Mat Nor on 15 November 2021 09:38 AM
This knowledgebase will guide you on how to set Two Factor Authentication onto your cPanel hosting.
Note : Shift Support/System Admin will have to enable on the server side.
1. Firstly, you will need to download and install a two-factor-authentication app onto your phone. You may refer here for app suggestion:
IOS users : https://www.igeeksblog.com/best-two-factor-authentication-apps-for-iphone/
Android users : https://www.cloudwards.net/best-2fa-apps/
2. Login to your cPanel
3. Choose Two Factor Authenticator > Click on the 'Set Up Two-Factor Authentication' button
- you will need to setup your authenticator here
- scan the QR code using your authenticator app from our phone
- Enter the security code appeared on your phone in here
4. Click on 'Configure Two-Factor Authentication'
5. That is all! You are set and good to go