HOW TO: Reset VestaCP Admin Password via Command Line
Posted by Rahman A. on 03 October 2022 12:09 PM
To reset the VestaCP admin password via command line, follow the below steps:
1. Log in to the server as a root user.
2. After that, run the below command to change the VestaCP admin password.
# v-change-user-password admin new_password
Replace the new_password to your own password, from the above command.
Or execute the following command:
# passwd admin
Enter new UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
To reset VestaCP admin password from the panel, follow the below steps:
1. Login to your VestaCP account with username admin and current admin password.
You can access VestaCP using the url >> https://your_server_ip:8083
2. Click on the ‘admin’ tab in the top right corner of the page.
3. Then enter the new password there and click on the ‘Save’ button.
These are the easiest ways to reset the VestaCP admin password.
If you face any difficulties on the setup, please feel free to contact our support team by submitting a ticket on https://247livesupport.biz or emailing out support team at email@example.com.